Why should I migrate my Magento 1 store to Magento 2?
Magento 1 has reached its end of life. M1 is officially unsupported by Magento, meaning no security releases or patches will be provided and M1 will become increasingly vulnerable to hacks as the code grows older leaving the platform unsecured. If your website is currently on Magento 1, migration to Magento 2 is vital to ensure the safety of your site for users.
As well as no security, Magento 1 does not benefit from new innovations or features. Magento 2 users enjoy a widening competitive advantage based on features and functionality whereas the competitive edge for Magento 1 users is at risk.
Benefits of Magento 2
Although extremely important, Magento 1 end of life is not the only reason you should consider migration to Magento 2. There are many other benefits to also consider.
Magento 2 was first released back in 2015 and is utilized by 1 in 4 businesses worldwide. It offers beneficial features that resolve issues with Magento 1 such as:
- Improved Performance: Magento 2 sites will run on average 20% faster than Magento 1 sites. Highly performant sites have been proven to increase sales and improve search engine rankings.
- Streamlined Checkout Process: Magento 1 has a hefty 6 steps, while Magento 2 offers a simple 2 step checkout process and the Instant Purchase feature. With Instant Purchase, merchants can now offer returning customers a faster checkout experience by using previously-stored payment credentials and shipping information to skip checkout steps altogether, taking them to a confirmation purchase page. Sites with easier check-out processes (like instant purchase) have historically seen increased sales.
- Better Admin Interface: This is a non-technical user’s dream! Magento 1’s user interface was often touted as confusing for business users, but Magento 2 offers a clean, user-friendly experience where even the most non-technical users can find tools and add new product listings with ease.
- Mobile Friendly: With more customers than ever shopping on smartphones, it is imperative to have a mobile responsive site. Magento 1 sites did not deliver optimum performance on mobile devices, but Magento 2 makes mobile commerce a priority. With the release of Progressive Web Application (PWA) Studio in Magento 2.3, customers can take their mobile performance even further.
What to expect with a Magento I to Magento 2 Migration with Jellywall
Magento 2 was a complete code rewrite from Magento 1, this means essentially starting from scratch with the build. Codebase & modules will not simply carry over, so everything needs to be recreated. However, this presents a great opportunity for improvement, to review the current offering and improve the overall customer experience.
At Jellywall, we are dedicated to providing an end-to-end solution to each of our clients, we're an extension of your team and will be with you every step of the migration. Each client will be different and we work closely with each customer to determine their specific needs for each migration.
Magento I to Magento 2 Workflow Processes:
- Pre-migration Website Audit: Review active modules to determine existing functionality & review custom features
- Full Competitor Analysis
- Internal Process Review
- Customer Experience Review
- User Testing
- Map Functionality Requirements to Modules
- Delivery to Client
Magento l to Magento 2 migration sound like something your ecommerce store needs? Get in touch today.