Why should I migrate my Magento 1 store to Adobe Commerce?
Magento 1 has reached its end of life. Magento 1 is officially unsupported by Adobe, meaning no security releases or patches will be provided and Magento 1 will become increasingly vulnerable to hacks as the code grows older leaving the platform unsecured. If your website is currently on Magento 1, migration to Adobe Commerce is vital to ensure the safety of your site for users.
As well as no security, Magento 1 does not benefit from new innovations or features. Adobe Commerce users enjoy a widening competitive advantage based on features and functionality whereas the competitive edge for Magento 1 users is at risk.
Benefits of Adobe Commerce
Although extremely important, Magento 1 end of life is not the only reason you should consider migration to Adobe Commerce. There are many other benefits to also consider.
Adobe Commerce was first released back in 2015 and is utilized by 1 in 4 businesses worldwide. It offers beneficial features that resolve issues with Magento 1 such as:
- Improved Performance: Adobe Commerce sites will run on average 20% faster than Magento 1 sites. Highly performant sites have been proven to increase sales and improve search engine rankings.
- Streamlined Checkout Process: Magento 1 has a hefty 6 steps, while Adobe Commerce offers a simple 2 step checkout process and the Instant Purchase feature. With Instant Purchase, merchants can now offer returning customers a faster checkout experience by using previously-stored payment credentials and shipping information to skip checkout steps altogether, taking them to a confirmation purchase page. Sites with easier check-out processes (like instant purchase) have historically seen increased sales.
- Better Admin Interface: This is a non-technical user’s dream! Magento 1’s user interface was often touted as confusing for business users, but Adobe Commerce offers a clean, user-friendly experience where even the most non-technical users can find tools and add new product listings with ease.
- Mobile Friendly: With more customers than ever shopping on smartphones, it is imperative to have a mobile responsive site. Magento 1 sites did not deliver optimum performance on mobile devices, but Adobe Commerce makes mobile commerce a priority. With the release of Progressive Web Application (PWA) Studio in Magento 2.3, customers can take their mobile performance even further.
What to expect with a Magento I to Adobe Commerce migration with Jellywall
Adobe Commerce was a complete code rewrite from Magento 1, this means essentially starting from scratch with the build. Codebase & modules will not simply carry over, so everything needs to be recreated. However, this presents a great opportunity for improvement, to review the current offering and improve the overall customer experience.
At Jellywall, we are dedicated to providing an end-to-end solution to each of our clients, we're an extension of your team and will be with you every step of the migration. Each client will be different and we work closely with each customer to determine their specific needs for each migration.
Magento I to Adobe Commerce Workflow Process:
- Pre-migration Website Audit: Review active modules to determine existing functionality & review custom features
- Full Competitor Analysis
- Internal Process Review
- Customer Experience Review
- User Testing
- Map Functionality Requirements to Modules
- Delivery to Client
Magento l to Adobe Commerce migration sound like something your ecommerce store needs? Get in touch today.